In this blog I will cover the most important Python frameworks and some of their most important components. Python is a well-known and beneficial programming language with an extensive library and frameworks for almost every technical field.
Frameworks make it easier for developers to create software or applications. They make it simple to automate repetitive tasks, reduce the time it takes to build something, and focus on the application logic rather than a standard component.
Each Python framework has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
We only need to consider the project’s requirements to select the best frameworks.
There are various frameworks of python like:
We’ll now take a closer look at some of the most popular Python frameworks:
Bottle: Python Frameworks for Web Development
This framework is best suited for small apps and is primarily used to create APIs. It is one of the most popular Python web frameworks because it requires only the standard Python library to develop applications. This allows programmers to concentrate on the hardware. This framework is a micro-framework that generates only one source file.
Django: Python Frameworks for Web Development
It is a full-stack framework and one of the best Python web frameworks that have recently received much attention. It adheres to the “Don’t Say the Same Thing Twice” rule (DRY).
Django supports database migration and comes pre-installed with a large number of libraries. By default, Django can only work with MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite databases. The other databases are compatible with third-party drivers. ORM is used to map database tables to objects.
Important characteristics include:
- The most important aspect of this framework is security. Django is more secure when compared to other Python frameworks.
- It allows you to change the URL.
- It aids the authentication process.
- Django includes a feature for relocating the database schema.
- There need to be more pre-built libraries available for full-stack development.
- Django employs an MVC-MVT architecture. The developer only needs to provide a model, view, and template in this architecture. Django handles the rest after the user maps it to the URL.
Web2Py: Python Frameworks for Web Development
It functions as a framework for all categories. It is an open-source, extensible framework compatible with all operating systems. Web2Py’s web-based IDE includes a debugger, a code editor, and one-click deployment, among other features. Python 3 is not supported.
- If something goes wrong with the framework, the ticketing system sends a ticket to the user.
- It makes no difference what platform you use.
- Backward compatibility ensures that new features can be added while maintaining compatibility with previous versions.
- readability of various protocols
- Roles are used to controlling access.
- There are no prerequisites for setting it up or installing it.
- Assist with the internalization process
You Must Like: How to Assess the Skills Gap at the Workplace?
A flask is another ordinary light and small micro-framework. It can be used in a variety of ways because it is made up of separate parts. With this framework, developers can create dependable web apps that simplify using any extension.
- Google App Engine’s internal debugger supports the jinja2 template and the Werkzeug WSGI toolkit.
- Client-side sessions could be tested using unit testing. Flask is capable of working with cookies.
- Making a nice request
- One of the best features of this framework is its ability to handle HTTP requests in Unicode.
- This framework also allows you to integrate any ORM.
CherryPY: Python Frameworks for Web Development
CherryPy was one of the first microframeworks. There’s an easy way to do it. CherryPy is a free and open-source object-oriented framework. You can obtain data or create templates using any technology. You can use this framework to create Python programs that run independently and include a built-in multithreaded server.
Here are a few features that distinguish CherryPy:
- This framework, which works on any platform, allows multiple servers to run concurrently.
- The framework also supports testing, profiling, and coverage as built-in features.
- It is built on the Android platform.
- It has an easy-to-use setup system and a web server that pools threads and supports HTTP WSGI.
- It also has authentication, caching, and encoding functions.
- Aiohttp 6th.
- It’s similar to an asynchronous framework. This framework can serve as both the server and client frameworks. It uses async and awaits, both available in Python 3.5 and later.
The Python asyncio module is an essential component of the framework’s functionality. Aiohttp redirects requests using request objects and routers.
The following is a list of the framework’s most essential components:
- This framework makes it simple to create views and allows the use of middleware.
- It is also a popular framework because it works with middleware and has pluggable routing.
- It supports Web Sockets on both the server and the client.
CubicWeb is a Python full-stack framework that employs cubes rather than separate models and views. It is a free and open-source semantic web framework.
The framework’s main components are as follows:
- It is compatible with a wide range of databases.
- Offers security and parts that can be recycled. It employs RQL (relational query language) to facilitate data searching. It can also be used in conjunction with the Resource Description Framework (RDF) and the Web Ontology Language (OWL) (RDF).
It is an open-source micro-framework for developing analytical web apps. This framework is more likely to be used by data scientists who have yet to gain experience with web programming. ReactJS is used for front-end rendering. Dash can also create applications that run flask-based web servers and send and receive JSON packets via HTTP requests. Dash apps are called cross-platform and mobile-ready because they can run on the server and be viewed in a browser.
The framework’s main advantages are that it requires little coding to create applications.
- There are numerous ways to alter the situation.
- Error management is straightforward.
- LDAP (Dash Deployment Server) was created, and plug-ins are supported.
- The Falcon 9.
- It is a different micro framework for developing web APIs. Several companies use this technology, including RackSpace, OpenStack, and LinkedIn. It enables HTTP and REST architecture designers to create designs that are clear and easy to understand.
It attempts to cover all of the code, among other things.
This framework handles exceptions immediately and has a very flexible and efficient codebase.
Its request and response classes make it simple to access headers and contents.
Unit testing is carried out using WSGI helpers and mocks.
Framework 10 runs faster because Cython is used.
This full-stack MVC framework separates the model, view, and controller, allowing developers and system administrators to work independently. Giotto’s controller module will enable users to create apps that run on top of the web, IRC (Internet Relay Chat), and the command line.
Essential characteristics include the following: It has its URL routing feature.
- provides Jinja2 HTML template features
- Generic view and model of working CRUD patterns
- Numerous controllers can be connected.
- SQLAlchemy allows databases to remain unchanged.
We’ve discussed various Python frameworks in this blog that are useful for creating web apps. Each framework’s salient characteristics are described, and these frameworks are easily adaptable to a project’s or company’s needs. The choice of framework is entirely up to the developer based on the requirements of their project.