Holiday-themed trivia games are a great way to spend quality time with people you care about. A holiday trivia game is a fun way to learn more about Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any other holiday’s history and traditions. In this post, we’ll explain what holiday trivia is, talk about what makes a fun trivia question, and give you 30 of our own questions. So, let’s begin!
How does Holiday Trivia work?
“Holiday trivia” is a set of questions and answers about how to celebrate the holidays. People can show what they know about how people in different cultures and parts of the world celebrate different holidays. It’s a great way to bring people together, encourage healthy competition, and learn more about what these events are all about.
What makes a good question for a holiday trivia game?
Simple and to the point:
The best trivia questions don’t require you to think too much. Don’t use words or sentences that are hard to understand or could be misunderstood.
Make sure the information you use to ask questions is right. Check your facts twice to make sure you’re not spreading false information.
Unexpected and Interesting:
To make the trivia more fun, add interesting tidbits, strange facts, or holiday twists.
You can reach more people if you ask questions about different holidays and cultures. This lets people of all backgrounds and beliefs join in and feel welcome.
Let’s jump right into some fun holiday-related trivia questions.
30 Holiday Trivia Questions
Here’s a list of 30 holiday trivia questions which you can ask.
- Which country is credited with starting the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
- What year was the first Thanksgiving celebrated in the United States?
- Which popular holiday beverage is made from beaten eggs, sugar, milk, cream, and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg?
- In Ireland, Halloween originated from a festival called __________.
- Which country celebrates the New Year with the famous Hogmanay festival?
- What is the name of the Jewish Festival of Lights?
- In which city is the largest St. Patrick’s Day parade held each year?
- What is the most widely celebrated holiday in the world?
- What is the traditional flower associated with Valentine’s Day?
- What is the primary color associated with Chinese New Year?
- Which fruitcake is traditionally eaten during Christmas in the United Kingdom?
- In the United States, February is celebrated as __________.
- Which country is credited with creating the tradition of exchanging Easter eggs?
- What is the Japanese word for cherry blossom viewing parties?
- What is the traditional greeting during the Muslim festival of Eid al-Fitr?
- In Mexico, what is the name of the holiday celebrated on December 12th that honors the Virgin Mary?
- What is the traditional Scottish cake served on Hogmanay?
- In which country do people celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival by lighting lanterns and eating mooncakes?
- Which holiday is known as the “Festival of Lights” and celebrates the victory of light over darkness?
- What is the name of the German Christmas market known for its festive atmosphere and traditional crafts?
- In the United States, what date is recognized as Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
- What is the traditional flower associated with Mother’s Day?
- In which country is Boxing Day observed as a public holiday on December 26th?
- Which holiday is often called “The Day of the Dead” and is celebrated in Mexico and other Latin American countries?
- What is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert that features a pie made with a spiced pumpkin filling?
- Which holiday is known for the custom of hiding and hunting for decorated eggs?
- Which holiday marks the beginning of the Christian liturgical season of Lent?
- In which country is the holiday of Bastille Day celebrated on July 14th?
- What is the name of the Hindu festival of lights celebrated in India and other parts of South Asia?
- Which holiday is celebrated on October 31st and is associated with costumes, trick-or-treating, and carved pumpkins?
Indeed, above are a set of questions which you can include in holiday trivia and create a fun event.
Worried about the answers? Don’t worry, we have the answer key as well!
Holiday trivia is a fun way for families to get into the holiday spirit and spend time together. These fun questions and answers are a great way to start interesting conversations, find out interesting facts, and learn about other cultures. You should always try to make your trivia questions clear, interesting, well-researched, and easy to answer. Gather everyone together and play some holiday-themed trivia games.
So, which of these holiday-related questions did you find the most interesting? Leave a comment below to tell us what you think and what you’ve done. Undoubtedly, next time you will have a great holiday season with this holiday trivia.