The top informatica interview questions and answers, scenario-based informatica interview questions, informatica interview questions for candidates with at least five years of experience and TCS informatica interview questions will all be covered in this blog post.
Companies primarily use Informatica, an extract, transform, and load tool, to create data warehouses. Knowing the questions that are frequently asked during Informatica interviews may be helpful if you want to work in industries like data science, analytics, or informatics.
Basic Informatica interview questions and answers
- What does the ETL process mean to you?
ETL stands for “Extract, Transform, and Load.” Data is first extracted from a particular source, transformed into a file that can be used in the organization’s data infrastructure, and then loaded into the data warehouse where it awaits use by the organization’s data analysts and scientists.
- What does informatica powercenter mean to you?
There are numerous applications for the ETL and data merging tool Informatica PowerCenter. With the help of this tool, users can connect to and obtain data from numerous sources, which they can then process.
- What various lookup transformations are there?
It performs a pipeline lookup on the application sources.
Whether the source is connected or not, the connected lookup transformation gets the data from the source, performs a lookup, and then sends the findings back to the flow. The unconnected lookup occurs when the source isn’t online. One column is returned to the calling change.
Lookup transformation can be set up to store lookup data in a cache or we can directly query the lookup source whenever a search is required.
- What kinds of caches are there in the lookup feature?
Cache-based and non-cache-based lookups are both supported by the Lookup tool. When a lookup is cached, the initial lookup is configured to create a cache, and all subsequent lookups obtain data from the cache rather than the source, saving time and resources. Without using a cache, a request accesses the original file, which consumes more resources.
- What does the pre and post session shell do to a function?
For a session job, a command task can be called a pre-session shell command or a post-session shell command. Users can run it as a pre-session command, a post-session command after a successful session, or a post-session command after a failed session. Shell functions can be used in different ways depending on how they will be used.
- What do you understand by surrogate key?
A surrogate key is simply an identifier that lets modeled entities or objects in a database be found by only one number. Surrogate keys may or may not be used as main keys because they are not based on any other data in the database.
It’s basically a unique number that goes in order. A surrogate key points to an item in the real world that is modeled in the database or that stands in for an object in the database. In these situations, internal surrogate keys are made for specific items or modeled entities.
Informatica Interview Questions for 5 Years Experience
- What does “target load order” mean? How do you use it?
Users can specify the goal load order for all sources related to a mapplet when using Designer to create a map. Users can control the sequencing of the rows that Integration Service sends to the mapping targets in Designer. Setting the target load order accomplishes this. A group of source qualifiers, transformations, and targets that are connected by a mapping is what is known as a target load order group. The goal load order can be changed when working with tables that contain both primary and secondary keys while maintaining referential integrity.
- What does “target designer” mean to you?
We require source data, target tables, and the required transformations if we must perform ETL tasks. Informatica’s Target Designer allows us to create target tables and edit the existing targets’ descriptions.
- What are some connected lookup’s features?
It uses both dynamic and static cache, participates in the data flow, and obtains information directly from the stream.
• When the lookup condition is not met, it saves all lookup columns and outputs default values.
• The output port can receive multiple column numbers.
• It enables users to customize their default settings.
- What does using Rank transformation mean?
In order to determine whether a set of records are connected or current, rank transformation is used to sort and rank the records from top to bottom. Additionally, it is employed to determine which port has the largest or smallest number value when selecting data.
- What do you mean by data warehousing in an enterprise?
Compared to the data center, the database only has a small amount of useful information. There are sets of all kinds of data in the data warehouse, whether they are useful or not. The data is taken out based on what the customer needs.
- What does the term domain mean?
The word “domain” refers to all of the relationships and nodes that are run by a single organizational point and are linked to each other.
- What do you mean by sessions in informatica ETL?
A session is a group of people who are teaching each other and need to move knowledge from a source to a target.
- Give some features of complex mapping?
There are more changes than ever.
It has complex business reasoning.
- What do you mean by expression transformation?
It is used to do estimates that don’t add up. Before the output results are moved to the target tables, we can test the conditional lines.
- What does the term “filter transformation” mean to you?
Selecting which rows in a mapping to examine can be done using the filter transformation. It has all ports for input and output, and only rows that satisfy that requirement can get past the filter.
- What do you mean by a predefined event?
A file-watch event is a ready-made event. It waits for a certain file to get to a certain place.
Some examples of Informatica Interview Questions Scenario Based
- How does parallel processing work?
- What does “target load order” mean to you?
- What distinguishes complex mapping as its primary feature?
- What does Informatica’s term “session” mean?
- What do you mean by Informatica’s powercenter repository?
TCS Informatica Interview Questions
- Why do you use the term “junk dimension”?
- What kinds of dimensions are there?
- What problems does joiner transformation cause?
- What do you mean when you say that Informatica maps parameters and variables?
- What distinguishes a power center from a power mart?
I hope this blog post made it easier for you to revise your basics and to practice the Informatica Interview Questions and Answers.
We have tried our best to compile the top Informatica interview questions and answers to help you to prepare well for your upcoming Informatica interviews.