The Java Frameworks is a collection of ready-made programs that Java developers can use to create Java Web Development. In other words, the Java Framework is a collection of built-in classes and methods for controlling hardware devices, processing input, and communicating with operating systems. It functions as a framework, making it easier for developers to write their code for an app.
Frameworks are predefined structures with classes and functions to which we can add code to solve problems. Frameworks use code written by the programmer because the programmer controls the framework. We can use it by calling framework functions, using inheritance, and adding “callbacks,” “listeners,” or other Observer pattern implementations.
Some of the most popular Java frameworks for Web development
- JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
Spring Java Frameworks
It is a powerful and lightweight Java framework. It works well for the JEE. Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring ORM, Spring Boot ,and Spring Cloud are some of its other components.
- Coupled instability.
- Lightweight, quick development, good abstraction, and simple testing.
Hibernate is an Object-Relation Mapping (ORM) framework that allows the Java programming language and RDBMS to communicate with one another.
- Efficiency, ease of maintenance, and portability are all advantages.
- Software that is freely available to the public.
It was created using the Groovy programming language. It is an OOP language. Its goal is to complete more work. The Grails syntax is converted to Java, and the code is then compiled for the JVM. Java, JEE, Spring, and Hibernate all collaborate.
Java Frameworks Advantages
- Because Groovy and Java are similar, it employs the Groovy programming standard rather than the Java one.
- The object mapping feature is simple to use.
- It enables multiple Grail applications to share code (in the form of a plugin) with one another.
- Some profiles are adaptable.
It is a different Java framework because it does not adhere to JEE standards. The MVC architecture style is used. It is used to create Java programs that many people can use. We can create Java apps that work on desktop computers and mobile devices and are simple to use on the web using the Play framework.
- There is no need to configure anything.
- It focuses on RESTful architectures and makes life easier for developers.
- It displays an error message and a hot code to reload the page.
- It is also compatible with well-known IDEs.
Java Frameworks Server Faces
Oracle’s component-based user interface framework creates user interfaces for Java-based apps. The MVC design pattern is implemented. The architecture of the JSF-based application distinguishes it.
- It is an essential component of the JEE.
- It has a large number of libraries.
Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
Google Web Toolkit (GWT) is an open-source java framework that allows programmers to create client-side Java code. We can quickly create sophisticated browser applications using GWT. GWT is useful because it makes creating and maintaining Ajax applications simple. GWT is used to create Google products such as Google AdSense and Blogger.
- It makes use of reusability to aid in the development of web applications.
- The Google API can be used to create apps.
- Its features include history management, hiding the user interface, and working in multiple countries.
It is a modern Java framework that integrates with Kubernetes and spans the entire stack. It uses the least amount of memory possible and boots up faster. It works well if the infrastructure is designed for the cloud. Making Java work well with Kubernetes transforms it into a powerful platform for serverless, cloud, and Kubernetes environments.
You Must Watch: How to Choose the Right Java Data Type for Your Program
- It is used in no-server systems, the cloud, and containers.
- It aids in the development and design of microservices.
- Developers can use any development model they want.
- It is compatible with popular frameworks such as Eclipse, Spring Dependency Injection, and Hibernate.
Drop wizard is a high-performance Java framework for creating RESTful web services. It is beneficial for developing Java microservices. The Drop wizard framework combines several well-known Java libraries to make a fast and discreet development environment.
All requirements are bundled in a single package in the Drop wizard independent ecosystem.
- Framework designed for ease of use.
- Helps people create Java microservices Benefits.
- A quick prototype is simple to create.
- It creates complete RESTful web services.
- as well as many open-source and independent libraries.
- The Bootstrap Project Productivity rapidly increases.
The usability of a Java web framework called Vaadin is being heavily emphasized. It can be used as a platform for producing high-quality Java code. Vaadin allows you to create web applications with changeable components.
Making web apps in Vaadin 10 is an entirely new experience. It enables users of the Java Virtual Machine to connect directly to the DOM. The Vaadin team divided the framework into two parts with the latest release, which was previously one large piece. It also includes a small Java framework called Vaadin Flow for communication and routing between the server and the client.
- Using Vaadin, you can bind data using either MVC or MVP.
- Support for drag and drop is one of many remarkable features. Makes it easier to create single-page user interfaces for Java programs.
- With WebSocket functionality, automatic server-client communication is possible.
- For creating views, use Java or HTML.
- Router for data binding that supports nested routes and parameters.
- supports Kotlin and Scala as JVM languages.
- Integrated Spring support.
This full-stack web framework comprises straightforward, lightweight, and high-performance Java components. The blade is a lightweight MVC framework with a restful routing API. This makes the web API more understandable and clear. It also aids in keeping data on the website up to date.
- The blade is based on Java 8, including a web server and a template engine. According to the minimal impression, the source code is less than 500 kilobytes.
- Assists you in becoming self-sufficient, skilled, graceful, observant, and quick.
- Used in the creation of a small MVC application.
- Blade supports plug-in extensions and web jar resources.
- The ability to configure multiple files.
- It also protects against Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) and XSS (Cross-Site Scripting).
As a result, if you want to create an excellent and dependable web application, you can select any of these top Java frameworks because they will meet your company’s needs and provide some flexibility while providing the best possible performance and security. Web development is enjoyable when the proper frameworks are used, so choose wisely to take advantage of everything Java offers.
This brings us to the end of this article where we have discussed the Top Java frameworks in use.